Hey hey, everybody! I hope this week has been treating you all well, in every aspect of your lives. Seven days ago, we welcomed the start of a new month—although I understand that it may have been a half-hearted welcome for some. While August marks another four glorious weeks of pool hopping, wave surfing, and skin tanning, it also means that the autumn months are super closeby.
Not to fret, though! A whole new month jam-packed with new, exciting opportunities awaits. Here are some of my goals for August, some personal, some professional, and some downright simple:
- Complete Hartford’s ROC Race this upcoming Saturday and have fun doing it! This will be the first 5k I’ve ever even considering registering for, and I haven’t done any long distance running in quite some time, but the obstacles look fun.
- Read as many books as I can—including, but not limited to, Subliminal—before my schoolwork takes away my free time. Buh-bye beach reads, hello textbooks!
- Start to consider my options for working out more, especially once I’ve settled into my schedule in the fall. I see a gym membership in the near future, but I want to check out what’s available to me first.
- Attend the upcoming Drake vs Lil Wayne concert with mah gurrrls. Drake was awesome the last time I saw him live, and seeing Lil Wayne perform has been on my bucket list! I’m excited for the energy that both guys will bring to the stage. #YoungMoney
- Assure that one of my best friend’s has a fabulous birthday. It’s your month, Mer!
- Expand on at least two more blog post ideas that have been rattling around in my head since at least early July. My list of ideas is ever expanding, but I want to get these projects off of paper and into reality!
- Get a mani-pedi at the nail salon so that I feel properly primped before the start of classes. I’m so anal about my nails, and there’s no guaranteeing that the first day will call for close-toed shoes.
- Take a dip in the pool on a warm night because I haven’t yet and if I don’t act fast, I won’t get a chance to before the season is over.
- Begin brainstorming with the Her Campus Quinnipiac team about ways to make our newly-recognized organization known at the annual Involvement Fair this fall.
Setting goals—even just by scribbling down a list of important upcoming events or transitions, which is what I did to generate this post—is a great way to keep track of the direction that you’d like to go in the upcoming weeks. It is important to remind yourself of what is truly important to you and what you would like to tackle personally, professionally, or otherwise. By setting reasonable monthly goals and not outlandish ones, you are setting yourself up for success.
I’d love to hear about what’s on your list! What exciting things do you have planned for this month? What goals have you already checked off of your list? If you have any tips on how I can accomplish some of my goals, I’d love to hear those, as well! Happy August : )