It has been a few weeks since I posted an updated list of my favorite links floating around the Internet, and thus, I think it’s time to share a few! (Think J.Law’s sense of humor, a super cool perspective on pets, and an incredible rescue with the help of a supercat.) For more links I love and to keep up with my favorite URLs as I find them, follow my “Links I Love” boardon Pinterest!
In the meantime, I hope you are as interested in the following things as I am:
- The “bling ring” has made its way onto the World Wide Web– and in a major way. As it turns out, young thieves are snagging pricey purchases using a five-finger discount, then posting them in large hauls on Tumblr blogs. Super intriguing to read about, but uhmmmm…how can we stop them?
- Kids say the darndest things….But sometimes what they say is incredibly wise and mature beyond their chronological years. That being said, I think it’s important that all of the Internet continues to bring attention to young Rachel’s “brake up” note, in which she tells her man he needs to “git it together.” Go, girl!
- It is a proven fact that cuddling up and sleeping next to your best [furry] friend is the only real way to sleep. If you’re still skeptical, you either have never had a furry friend of your own with which to cuddle, or you haven’t seen this compilationof Reddit photo posts yet.
- You may or may not have heard the story about a small boy being attacked by a stray dog, then saved by his own family pet: a fierce kitty cat in ultimate defensive mode. The video is worth is multiple clicks. Who said dogs were the only loyal pets?
- If you’re looking forward to the summer weather but dreading the feeling of your hair sticking to your sweaty back and arms, have no fear! Le Fashion– a blog out of Brooklyn, NY– has got you covered with 10 simple and chic ways to dress up a ponytail for any time of day or night. (Most of the looks would work in a professional setting, as well.)
- “Why can’t I say anything normal?” Just leave it to Jennifer Lawrence to speak the minds of thousands of young, awkward– albeit hilarious– teens, tweens, and twenty-somethings trying to grapple with life in all its glory. It’s hard not to adore the type of person who isn’t afraid of censorship, and Lawrence is definitely that person.
- Those of you are sick of hearing about Beyonce and Jay-Z: plug your ears or close your eyes or skip to the next bullet point. I’m not quite done talking about them. The power couple has released a fake movie trailer to promote their joint summer tour. I could easily write an entire post about it, but you can watch it and bask in all its glory on your own.
- Let’s all just take the time to appreciate this beautiful, harmonic interaction between a street performer and two other complete strangers. Isn’t this what life is all about?! No worries, no prejudices, and no explanation necessary…just a couple people having a damn good time.
Which of these links have you already visited and which were new to you? I’d love to hear about your favorites, and I invite you to share some of your own below! 🙂